Published on Monday, 24 March 2014 18:27
Written by Administrator
Friday May 30, 2014
9:00am to 4:00pm
Vineville United Methodist Church
2045 Vineville Ave. Macon, GA
The Central Georgia Cancer Coalition is proud to present Healing Journeys’ “The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishment for Life.” This program will celebrate and empower cancer survivors, including those currently in treatment, as well as care givers and others. During this one day symposium, experts in naturopathic and integrative care will provide hands on information and demonstrations about the importance of nutrition, physical activity, and stress reduction in cancer survivorship. A healthy lunch and snacks will be included.
Pre-Registration has ended, but you can still register at the door.
Who should attend:
- Anyone wanting to promote healing of body, mind, and spirit
- Individuals touched by cancer or any life-altering illness
- Healthcare providers (continuing education credit available)
- Those supporting friends or family with cancer or other illness
What will be covered:
- Diet strategies that strengthen the body’s resistance to cancer, complement medical care, and bolster recovery after treatment;
- The importance of weight management to reduce cancer risk;
- Which foods are most important to avoid (and explore healthy substitutes);
- How some foods (and spices) can alter gene expression, turning off cancer-promoting signals;
- Some standard laboratory tests that can give you and your doctor a look at your nutritional status and health status;
- Key dietary supplements to support a cancer-fighting diet;
- How to use flavor carriers to create healthy food that tastes great;
- The role of exercise in nourishing health during and beyond cancer treatment;
- How to integrate nourishing self-care practices into your life.
Discounted hotel rooms are available for out of town guests. For more information, contact the CGCC at (478) 254-5225.